Objectives of the Fund
- support of projects connected with development of the Internet;
- assistance in development of global information networks, development of information infrastructure in the society, development and introduction of advanced information technologies;
- identification and assistance in introduction of developments, ideas, projects, and other achievements promising to be applied in telecommunication networks;
- assistance in development of projects aimed to protect Internet information;
- conducting and support of scientific researches in the field of communication and information technologies; li>
- facilitation of developing computer literacy of all levels of Russian population; li>
The Fund was established in 2000 by two Russian Internet companies: Relcom.Business Network and Demos-Internet.
In April 2001 Russian Institute for Public Networks and the Fund Internet Development entered into an Agreement stipulating participation of the Fund in development of SU register. According to this Agreement, the Fund Internet Development is vested with authorities to regulate functioning and forming objectives and development areas of SU top-level domain.
An important area of Fund activities is implementation of social projects facilitating development of the information society in the Russian Federation and forming an institute of digital citizenship among representatives of various Internet generations.
In 2016 the Fund Internet Development became a member of the International Information Security Research Consortium, according to Addendum to IISRC Declaration signed with the Information Security Institute of Lomonosov Moscow State University.
Projects implemented by the Fund are aimed at facilitation of Internet development as the safe space for children and teenagers, formation of ability and readiness of different generations to use all opportunities provided by sophisticated digital technologies.